“I am shocked Janet?!, so you mean my baby can actually take solids in form of swallows?” Titi asked.
“Yes indeed. You only need to make them in a baby-friendly way” Janet responded to her friend.
So if babies can eat grains and tubers in form of puddings and mashed foods, they can also eat them as swallows with soup.
Because of their gentle stomachs, we highly recommend that the grains that are sprouted or fermented because this processes increase the protein nutrients in the grains and is also easily digestible in their gentle tummies.
The Augustsecrets MIXAGRAIN and NUTTYMEAL CEREALs are the best to make as swallows for babies because they are properly made specially for them.
Babies can begin to take swallows from 6 months.
HOW TO MAKE MIXAGRAIN OR NUTTYMEAL SWALLOW
First, lets talk about the super healthy ingredients. The Nuttymeal contains Guineacorn, Yellow corn, Millet, Soya and Groundnuts. The Mixagrain contains Guineacorn, Yellow corn, Brown rice and Potatoes.
3 tablespoons Mixagrain
Some drops of Coconut oil or Olive oil
1. Place a pot on heat and pour in 1 cup of water to boil
2. Dissolve 2 spoons of Mixagrain or Nuttymeal in some cold water to dissolve the lumps
3. Pour the dissolved cereal into the boiling water and stir immediately
4. Add some of the remaining cereal to thicken it a bit.
5. Add the oil and cover under low heat to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Scoop out and serve in bits with Baby’s Okra soup or Ewedu soup.
Find more Nigerian recipes in the Augustsecrets Meal Plan Book.