This salad is proof that chicken and fruits can go well together. Hey! pardon the title, this salad is NOT ONLY FOR TODDLERS, but for babies and adults too. Yes, babies. *laughs* Just read on.
This salad is so delicious that kids who hate vegetables will never know it has veggies. You can also get creative, and create the recipe with whatever fruits your kids love
It is no more news that everyone needs to eat vegetables everyday because of its immense loads of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Augustsecrets Fruit and Chicken salad is a perfect shift from the regular salad, and will certainly wow your guests.
They will not be able to describe the taste of raisins, chicken, strawberries, and cabbage making a party in their mouths!
Imagine a healthy meal that is perfect for dinner, lunch, breakfast, dessert, and for baby and toddler food. So so yummy! And guess what? I made this salad with leftovers!!
The ingredients are interesting and uncommon, but certainly delicious and healthy. I almost cleared the plate before I realised it had no cream or mayonnaise.
Some grilled/ roasted chicken (any part is ok)
1 handful of sliced cabbage
1 fried fish (optional)
1 piece green pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon sweet corn
1 tablespoon raisins or dried fruits (Ask your baking goods store)
1. Clean all ingredients and get them ready. This salad is made easily with prepared ingredients. Grill/Fry/Roast your chicken. Slice the cabbage. Grate the carrots. Shred your chicken into tiny pieces.
2. Cut the fruits into halves. Strawberries, grapes, and so on.
3. Mix all together in a large bowl and sprinkle the lemon juice in it.
4. Add the raisins, sweetcorn and mix again.
5. Your salad is ready. Serve with or without cream or mayo. This one has no mayonnaise and older kids and adults can eat this as well.
HOW TO PREPARE THE FRUITY CHICKEN SALAD FOR BABIES AND TODDLERS
I mentioned earlier that this salad is great for babies and toddlers as well.
But if your toddler is a fussy eater, he may not take it just like that.
So the best way to get them to eat it is to BLEND THE SALAD.
Yes, but never blend the salad with cream. All the items in the salad are suitable for babies from 8 months.
RECIPE FOR BABIES
1. Blend 1 tablespoon of the prepared salad with little water into a coarse paste.
2. Place a saucepan on heat and cook the paste for about 3 minutes with 1 teaspoon of groundnut or coconut oil.
3. After it is done. It is now ready to serve to baby.
4. You may cook 2 tablespoons Augustsecrets Ground Brown Rice with it, and that gives your baby RICE AND FRUITY CHICKEN SALAD. Check through the blog for how to cook the Augustsecrets Ground Rice
FOR FUSSY TODDLERS
The same salad that was blended and cooked for babies, will be blended for fussy toddlers too.
I mean those like Jaden who will never eat vegetables but will eat noodles, pasta or rice countless times daily.
So its simple….They need the nutrients in vegetables.
1. Blend 2 tablespoons of the salad
2. Mix with noodles or pasta when cooking.
There you have Noodle Fruity Salad! and everyone in the family happily eats his portion of the salad.